Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Harsh? Me?

How many of you have had people telling you your flaws, what they don’t like about you, what kind of person they really think you are straight to your face? With no sugar coating and no “but-you-have-your-good-points-too”? If you have, you probably hate them. Well, personally, I have had such experiences and let’s just say that I’ve come to appreciate these people. 

I do agree that I’m no saint and I’m not the nicest person around and I may lean towards the side of being an unreasonable bitch sometimes. And maybe that’s why people who love me really do love me and those that don’t, really hate me.

But I’m used to it. I’m used to people leaving every time they realised who I truly am. When they saw how much unreasonable I could be. But what I can never understand is, why don’t you just tell me in my face what you don’t like about me rather than going around telling others that my friends or my boyfriend deserves someone better? That’s not only plain rude but it is also rather uncalled for. I am pretty sure some of these people I have never offended or even interacted with in my whole life. Don’t judge me based on what little you know about me. There are people that I don’t like too but I don’t go around telling people how they’re not worth to others do I?

Growing up, I have always been a rather straight forward girl. And perhaps that’s why I might have offended many people unknowingly. But I have never viewed my straightforwardness as a bad thing, not even now. I appreciate straightforwardness, yes means yes and no means no, there's no need to beat around the bush. Especially since there's so many dense people in the world, if you're not straightforward enough, they might not even get what you're trying to hint at. So let's not waste each other's time and go straight to the point, right?

Sadly, most people do not agree with me. They say “You could be less harsh about it.”, “No need to put people down.” But you know that? The funny thing is, they don’t tell me that that’s how they feel. Often times I either overheard it or a friend of mine tell me about it.

That’s the funny thing about many human beings you see, they don’t tell you what they don’t like about you and yet they expect you to change. Well, how am I supposed to change if I don’t see what is the problem?

I might be harsh at time, hurting people’s feelings. But that’s because to me, that is how you grow. You don’t expect to be pampered and taken care of your whole life do you? Being too kind to someone could in fact be more harm than help. 

As someone that have had shit thrown at me my whole life, I have grown an awfully lot. And I quote a best friend of mine:
"I don't know how you do it, but time and time again I've watched life throw you shit, but no matter what it throws into your path, you'd get back up again so quickly and you'd continue to do your best in whatever that's expected of you and it never ceases to amaze me. You see, that's because you're strong." 

And the funny thing is that here I have people telling me that I'm weak. 

If you're reading this and you're someone I know personally, just know that every time I'm "harsh" to you, it is in my intention to help you grow as I had.