Friday, March 27, 2015

I will never forget that night. We were both tipsy from the drinks, still feeling the effects of the alcohol in our blood, heading back to the same place, with your head on my lap in the taxi. We laughed at even the smallest things. And then you turned and said to me "so this is how it's like to be high, I kinda understand why you like it there now" and that's when I realised, that at that moment, you were in my world. We reached our destination and I thought some serious make out session is sure to ensue. But you simply wrapped your arms around me and fell asleep. I've never felt happier and more loved than that night of my life.

We live in very different worlds. Two worlds that are at the ends of a spectrum. Two mutually exclusive sets. I tried entering yours, but I couldn't stay for long. It tires me out, the lack of human interaction and energy. I know you tried entering mine and it drained you. But is it possible that if we try hard enough, we will be able to find a tiny overlapping space, a small world, big enough to just accommodate the two of us? I don't know, but I'm willing to try. 

Whenever you're ready.